About Pacific Electric Buses
The Pacific Electric Railway was an early operator of motor buses supplementing its vast Southern California interurban rail system. Feeder service began in the San Bernardino area in 1917; longer lines were soon added and the competing suburban and interurban lines of the rival Motor Transit Co. were acquired in 1930. Pacific Electric sold its motorized Pasadena and Glendale local lines in 1941 with 68 buses. When Pacific Electric was sold to Metropolitan Coach Lines in 1953 the fleet totaled 695 buses.
Stephen Schwarzwald acquired the bus from Antelope Valley Bus Lines in 1975. Stephen was the Vice President of the WCMCM and later was the Secretary of the PBM. He donated the bus to the PBM in 1992.
2-Speed Hydromatic, Antelope Valley Lines, General Motors, General Motors, GM Truck & Coach Division, Los Angeles Metropolitan Transit Authority (LAMTA), Pacific Electric, Southern California RTD (SCRTD), Transit, West Coast Motor Coach Museum