Bus #2738 was part of an order of 65 30-foot Gillig Phantoms for AC Transit delivered in 1990.
#2738 was donated to the Pacific Bus Museum in June 2011.
“In November 1956, citizens voted to establish the Alameda Contra Costa Transit District. Funding for the District was initially provided in 1959 through a voter-approved bond of $16.5 million that allowed AC Transit to acquire the bankrupt Key System from the California Public Utilities Commission in 1960…The move to publicly operate a privately owned company was proof that voters viewed public transit as an integral component of their quality of life in the East Bay…
By 1974, AC Transit’s service area stretched from the western Contra Costa County cities of San Pablo and Richmond to the southern cities of Fremont and Newark.”
Source: AC Transit History
1600 Franklin St. Oakland, CA 94612
This “Old Look” TDH-4801 in an order of 21 buses for Key System Transit Lines that were delivered, new, in 1958.
#2103 was the first bus in revenue service for AC Transit when the agency took over operations from Key System Transit Lines
#2103 was donated to the PBM in April 2013.
2-Speed Hydromatic, Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District (AC Transit), General Motors, General Motors, GM Truck & Coach Division, Key System, Key System Transit Lines (KSTL), Santa Clara County Transit District (SCCTD), Transit, Western Railway Museum